The Oxshott Village Sign project got underway in 2017 and was led by Felicity Bond and Graham Tillotson who established The Oxshott Village Sign Society.
Following an exhibition of shortlisted designs in the Spring of 2018 and fundraising from the local community, the sign was inaugurated by The Worshipful the Mayor of The Borough of Elmbridge Councillor Mrs Shweta Kapadia.
The winning design came from Robert Jones, Oxshott resident from 1939 to 1966 and the sign was produced by Black Forge Art of Wittersham Kent.
The distinctive village sign can be seen at the junction of Holtwood Road and Steels Lane, Oxshott, Surrey. Here are some pictures from the day.