First Published: 21/06/2020
Working with other local Residents’ Associations in Elmbridge, FEDORA has had frequent communications with senior officers of Elmbridge Borough Council (Council), including the Council leader and Chief Executive, concerning the way that the Elmbridge Local Plan is being developed. We have sought to do this throughout in a constructive manner but many of our concerns have not yet been addressed.
We recognise the challenges that the Council now faces in responding to not only the real needs of Elmbridge residents but also the housing targets set by central government, which bear no relation to those needs. These challenges are exacerbated by past failings to use the Council’s full resources to meet past building targets that were more reasonable and in particular the need for affordable housing.
(First Published: 01/09/2019)
● Up to 16,300 new homes in Elmbridge
● Up to 40,000 more residents
● Large areas of Green Belt threatened
● Dense development of urban & residential areas
● More crowding on Oxshott roads
● Longer waits to see a GP
● More competition for local schooling
What is Happening?
● Government has mandated that Elmbridge Council must have a Local Plan to build 9,345 houses in 15 years.
● Elmbridge Council has prepared 5 Options and is consulting residents for their input and preferences.
● 2 Options do not meet the mandated Government target.
● In these Options, everything that is not Green Belt is an “Urban Area”, even if it is a low-density residential neighbourhood.
FEDORA - The Voice for Oxshott CIC
is a registered non-profit company run by a group of individuals who collectively are interested in maintaining and improving the quality of life in our village and its surroundings.
Find out more and join FEDORA.
Subscribe to our Emails
- Deferral of Annual General Meeting
- Support an Oxshott Community Speedwatch Group
- Congratulations to our Newly-Elected Councillors
- Housing Target - A Threat to Elmbridge
- A244 Update
- Oak Processionary Moth
- Planning Update
- Merrileas Application Approved
- Meeting with Dominic Raab
- Local Plan
- A244 Petition
- Possible Development of Green Belt adjacent to Blundel Lane
- Development of the Elmbridge Local Plan
- Elmbridge Local Plan Consultation